Thursday, June 27, 2013

New Mexico.


According to my better half, New Mexico has it all. 
It never rains. A guy at the tire shop told us it hadn't really rained in 10 years.
It's hot, but there is absolutely no humidity so it doesn't really feel hot.
It was 11am, and as I walked from my shower to the truck I thought to myself, "Wow, this is a really refreshing morning! It must only be 65 degrees!"
WRONG.
It was 90 degrees. And I can honestly say, it felt amazing. 90 degrees never felt so good.
There are mountains. Spectacular mountains.


The only thing New Mexico lacked, other than an over abundance of greenery, was lines on the road.


It was like a massive game of connect the dots. 

We liked New Mexico a lot. Except maybe that onion farm where we picked up the load we have now. You couldn't go outside without tearing up. I don't know how the workers managed. Oh, and that 5 mile stretch of dairy farm right by the interstate. No pastures, cus there isn't enough green stuff for the poor cows to eat. Just fenced in dirt lots, covered with you know what that smelled like you know what too. 
For 5 miles. And there were houses nestled in there in that 5 miles. It was bad enough just driving by, can you imagine living right beside it? 
Shew.

And yes, we have an entire flatbed load FULL of onions. Lots of onions. Literally, tons of onions. I feel like Oprah. 
"YOU get an onion. YOU get an onion. YOU get an onion. EVERYONE GETS AN ONION!"

No comments:

Post a Comment